Tips for Choosing a Real Estate Agent
In the Andrews, Odessa, or Midland, TX Areas
The right real estate agent will guide you through the buying or selling process, making it stress-free. Read below about the three types of agents: a buyer’s agent, a seller’s agent, and a dual agent.
The Buyer’s Agent
A buyer’s agent will work on your behalf to negotiate the contract, provide information on zoning issues, and gather all the information you need to make a well-informed home purchase. A buyer’s agency agreement ensures the agent discloses additional information to the prospective buyer, including:
- Reasons behind the sale of the property
- Possible concessions that could be negotiated
- Background information from the seller & agent
- Information that might give the seller or buyer an advantage
The Seller’s Agent
Ask friends and relatives for recommendations of local real estate agents, and then interview two to three of them to find the right one for you. The following are a few questions you should keep in mind during the phone call or appointment:
- What experience do you have in the area, and how long have you been in the business?
- How many other clients are you working with?
- What is the number of homes you’ve sold in the last year?
- How much do you typically make as a commission?
- Can you provide recent references from other clients?
- How do you plan on marketing or promoting my home?
- Do you typically work more with sellers or buyers?
The Dual Agent
When two agents work for the same real estate broker, and each represents a buyer or seller, this is called a dual agency agreement. Any such agreement must be disclosed to both parties, and any privileged information cannot be disclosed to the interested party without the permission of the other party.
Why Choose Our Real Estate Agents?
Our brokerage firm aims to make working with us a comfortable and trusting process, making buying or selling a home less stressful. Our dedicated professionals will work with you until your goals have been met. We have years of experience with all types of situations, allowing us to be able to assist you with any complexities that may arise.
Each of our local real estate agents are familiar with Andrews, Odessa, Midland, and the surrounding areas. Not only are we knowledgeable about the housing market, but we also know about the schools, parks, churches, clubs, and other amenities in each community. Since we know the communities, we can help you find the perfect location for you and your family.